Vitamin C is thought to increase the production of white blood cells. These are key to fighting infections.
Popular citrus fruits include:
RED BELL PEPPERS
- Red bell peppers contain twice as much vitamin C as citrus.
- Besides boosting your immune system, vitamin C may help maintain healthy skin.
- Broccoli contains Vitamins A, C, and E, as well as many other antioxidants and fiber, broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables.
- It is advised to eat it as raw as possible.
- Garlic serves as an immune booster and aids in lowering blood pressure and slows down the hardening of arteries.
- Ginger may help decrease inflammation, which can help reduce a sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses as well alleviate nausea.
- Rich in Vitamin C
- Source of Vitamin D
- Vitamin D helps to regulate the bodies immune system.
- Vitamin E is key to a healthy immune system
- Almonds are packed with this Vitamin and also contain healthy fats
- Not only good in food but can alleviate inflammation as well.
- Contains Antioxidants which enhances the immune system
- Good source of Vitamin C
- It contains 224% of the daily amount
- Also contains digestive enzyme that has anti-inflammatory effects
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- Chicken soup is more than just a feel-good food with a placebo effect.
- It helps improve symptoms of a cold and also helps protect you from getting sick in the first place.
- Poultry high in Vitamin B-6 ( forms new and healthy red blood cells)
- Sunflower seeds contains phosphorous, magnesium, and vitamin B-6.
- They’re also incredibly high in vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant.